Rosemary Pineapple Chicken
I brought this recipe with me from Germany. It's my family's favorite way to eat chicken. —Christl Haymond, Duvall, Washington
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple juice
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter on both sides. Sprinkle with salt, rosemary, ginger, paprika and pepper. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place onion rings over chicken; pour pineapple juice over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 131 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 644mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Pineapple Chicken in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005
Apr 23, 2016
Instead of using bone-in chicken breasts, I substituted boneless and cut the recipe in half for the two of us. The recipe was easy to prepare and the chicken baked up nice and tender!