Rosemary-Parmesan Snack Mix
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 4 cups pretzel snaps or miniature pretzels
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups unblanched almonds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 to 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, cereal and almonds. Combine the oil, vinegar, rosemary, garlic powder, basil and pepper sauce; pour over cereal mixture and stir to coat.
- Spread into two ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Sprinkle with salt. Bake at 300° for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and stir. Bake 15 minutes longer. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 253 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 473mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Dec 12, 2012
This tastes yummy! I have given it away to teachers, friends, family as Christmas gifts and have gotten rave reviews. I'm always asked to share the recipe. I have switched up the cereal and used Crispix instead as well as left out the almonds...it tastes great no matter which way you switch it up!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.