Rosemary-Parmesan Snack Mix
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 4 cups pretzel snaps or miniature pretzels
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups unblanched almonds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 to 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, cereal and almonds. Combine the oil, vinegar, rosemary, garlic powder, basil and pepper sauce; pour over cereal mixture and stir to coat.
- Spread into two ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Sprinkle with salt. Bake at 300° for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and stir. Bake 15 minutes longer. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 253 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 473mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Dec 12, 2012
This tastes yummy! I have given it away to teachers, friends, family as Christmas gifts and have gotten rave reviews. I'm always asked to share the recipe. I have switched up the cereal and used Crispix instead as well as left out the almonds...it tastes great no matter which way you switch it up!