With its flaky texture and heavenly rosemary and Parmesan flavor, this savory biscotti from our Test Kitchen is delicious served alongside a bowl of soup or a salad. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2-1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, rosemary, baking powder, salt, pepper and 2 cups cheese. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk eggs and milk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- Divide dough into four portions. On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 12-in. x 2-in. rectangle. Sprinkle each portion with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place pans on wire racks. When cool enough to handle, transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 biscotti: 87 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.