“I used orange marmalade instead of butter on my corn muffin one morning, and the flavor stayed with me until evening, when I roasted a chicken with orange and rosemary. The idea for this muffin was born,” says Robin Haas of Cranston, Rhode Island.
Recommended: 60 Muffin Recipes Worth Waking Up For
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the egg, sour cream and marmalade. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pine nuts.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 375° for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 5 muffins.
Originally published as Rosemary-Orange Corn Muffins in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p39