Rosemary Mushroom Soup Recipe
This recipe comes from an herb farm where I worked for 30 years. Although it starts with canned mushroom soup, it tastes rich and from scratch when it's done.—Sandra Burrows, Coventry, Connecticut
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the mushroom soup, cream, rosemary and paprika; heat through but do not boil. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup: 335 calories, 28g fat (16g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 909mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Rosemary Mushroom Soup
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2012
"a wonderful way to celebrate fresh rosemary!"
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC