Rosemary Mushroom Soup
This recipe comes from an herb farm where I worked for 30 years. Although it starts with canned mushroom soup, it tastes rich and from scratch when it's done.—Sandra Burrows, Coventry, Connecticut
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the mushroom soup, cream, rosemary and paprika; heat through but do not boil. Sprinkle with chives.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 335 calories, 28g fat (16g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 909mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Rosemary Mushroom Soup in Taste of Home April/May 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.