- 6 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- Place chicken in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray; top with mushrooms. Combine the soup, wine, garlic salt, rosemary, paprika and pepper; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forRosemary Mushroom Chicken
"Horrible! And way too salty."
"Really enjoyed this recipe. My hindquarters weren't real large and used 6 legs and 6 thighs. I used 1 can of cream of celery instead of both being the cream of mushroom. I also used the white wine. The chicken only took hours to cook. I thickened the juices with cornstarch. I served over Amish Kluski noodles. It was very good although I had trouble tasting the rosemary...I used the dry rosemary and maybe would have better luck with fresh rosemary, This was a very fancy dish that I will keep in mind for company!"
"Soooooo good!! It's just my husband and me so I used 5 large drumsticks and halved the rest of the ingredients. After the chicken was cooked, I removed it from the crock pot and thickened the juices with corn starch. I served everything over spaetzle noodles. Not sure how long it cooked, I just watched it and took it out when it was done. This is definitely a keeper."
"Good, although the chicken seemed over-cooked after 7 hours. Very strong rosemary flavor."
"Good - but not great. Not sure what it needed?"
"For a busy night meal this is great. I do not normally like thigh meat but this was tasty."
"I was excited about this because the reviews were good but, it was awful. The smell was horrible.The only thing good about it was the chicken was super tender.*I omitted the rosemary and used real wine (not cooking wine) so maybe that's why I didn't have good luck but, I don't think so."
"Way too much sodium. That's almost a whole days limit."