Rosemary Honey Cookies
You'll be delighted with this unusual cookie's wonderful flavor.—Audrey Thibodeau, Gilbert, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a bowl, cream shortening, butter and sugar. Beat in egg, honey and lemon juice. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 130 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Rosemary Honey Cookies in Taste of Home August/September 1997