Rosemary Goat Cheese Bites
My mom makes her own goat cheese and I wanted to show it off for a party. Once everyone tried it for the first time, I knew I had created a winning recipe. —Crystal Jo Bruns, Iliff, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary, divided
- Toasted French bread baguette slices, optional
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a shallow bowl, toss pecans with cinnamon. In a small bowl, mix cheese and 3/4 teaspoon rosemary until blended. Shape mixture into 12 balls; roll in pecan mixture to coat. Flatten slightly into patties.
- If desired, serve patties with toasted baguette slices. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with remaining rosemary.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer (calculated without baguette): 39 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 38mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Honey and Creamy Goat Cheese in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014