- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; stir in water. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Press dough into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make several indentions 1/4 in. deep over surface of dough. Brush with oil; sprinkle with cheese, salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes. Cut into strips or squares; serve warm.