Rosemary Chicken with White Beans
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches on both sides. Place the beans, carrots and celery in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with chicken.
- 2. Combine the salad dressing, rosemary, salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°.
1 each: 218 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 846mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 10g protein.
Mar 6, 2019This was great! follow instructions, and you can't go wrong!
Sep 13, 2016
This was oh so good! I doubled the liquid and used Zesty Italian dressing. I also added some mushrooms and extra baby carrots. This is a definite keeper!
Jun 18, 2016
I will make this again with a few changes. It was pretty spicy, and we like a lot of pepper. I will reduce it to 1/2 teaspoon. I wonder if the salt and pepper proportions got switched. Otherwise, this was a good recipe. Make sure your chicken breasts are 6 oz as called for in the recipe. Mine were larger, so I had to cook longer and they were dry. Overall, though, an easy and tasty recipe that I will make again.
Jan 3, 2016
Excellent recipe. I used a little milk in the recipe for the sauce. It tasted great!
Apr 28, 2015
Very good and easy recipe. The carrots and rosemary combined had a sweetish/savory flavor that was very appealing.
Dec 31, 1969
Very good and easy to make
Aug 26, 2012
I followed the recipe exactly. Waaaaaay too much rosemary! My family ate it but didnt like it. They are not picky eaters. I will not make this dish again.
Jul 17, 2012
This was so good and so easy. I only used 2 chicken breasts and dried rosemary. Next time I will cut back on the rosemary and add an extra can of beans. Served it with buttered noodles and it was a real hit!!
Oct 14, 2011
I love this recipe ... I added a chopped onion and minced garlic ... which gave it even more flavor.
Oct 6, 2011
I made this recipe with no changes. My family took one bite and wouldn't even finish it; and they aren't picky eaters.