VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth,
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 10 asparagus spears, blanched and cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a shallow glass baking dish, combine 1/4 cup broth, garlic, rosemary, oil, soy sauce, sugar and pepper. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- In saucepan, cook rice in water and remaining broth until soft and fluffy, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook chicken in marinade over medium-high heat for about 7 minutes on each side or until chicken is browned and juices run clear. Remove rice from the heat; add asparagus, lemon peel, lemon-pepper and salt if desired.
- Spoon onto individual plates. Cut chicken into strips; arrange in a fan shape over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Rosemary Chicken in Country Woman May/June 1995, p33