Rosemary Cashew Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- Hot cooked pasta
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the onion, orange juice concentrate, rosemary, salt and cayenne; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Remove the chicken and keep warm.
- In a saucepan, combine flour and water until smooth. Stir in cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cashews. Pour over chicken. Serve with pasta.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 305 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 506mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Jul 17, 2014
I wasn't sure about the flavor combination, but it was great! The whole family loved the taste (even the picky ones) and declared it a keeper. We had it over pasta and it was very good. I loved that it was very easy to put together and throw in the slow cooker. I would probably substitute boneless skinless chicken breasts next time (personal preference).
Jan 10, 2014
Definite keeper. Enjoyed the blended flavors of the orange juice, rosemary & cashews.
Mar 29, 2013
My family loves this recipe. I make it often. I sometimes make with brown rice instead of pasta.
Oct 31, 2009
I fixed this for Sunday supper.would not change a thing. My whole family thought it was great.... Roxie
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.