"You'll really enjoy the bold rosemary flavor in each bit e of this pretty side dish," assures Jacqueline Thompson Graves of Lawrenceville, Georgia. "The sliced carrots get added sweetness from a bit of brown sugar."
Recommended: Top 10 Turnip Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/4 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh or dried chives
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary or pinch dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place carrots and water in a saucepan; cover and cook over medium heat for 8-9 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons cooking liquid. Transfer carrots to a serving bowl and keep warm. In the same pan, combine chives, brown sugar, bouillon, rosemary, pepper and reserved cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; stir until bouillon is dissolved. Pour over the carrots and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Rosemary Carrots in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p42