Rosemary-Blue Cheese Shortbread
The subtle essence of rosemary comes through on these savory blue cheese treats. The will fast when you serve them at a gathering.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 4-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat the blue cheese, butter, sugar and rosemary until well blended. Beat in flour (dough will be crumbly). Shape into two 7-in. rolls; coat with walnuts. Wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or freeze for up to 1 month.
- Cut into 1/4-in. slices; place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- To use frozen shortbread: Thaw in the refrigerator. Cut and bake as directed. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 56 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Rosemary Blue Cheese Shortbread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.