- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 5 large fresh beets (about 3-1/2 pounds), peeled and trimmed
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium orange, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the first nine ingredients until blended. Place beets in a greased 4-qt. slow cooker. Add onion and orange. Pour honey mixture over top.
- Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until beets are tender. Remove beets; cut into wedges. Return to slow cooker. Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold. Serve with a slotted spoon; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forRosemary Beets
"These beets are absolutely delicious! Even though there's only two of us, I made the full recipe and put part of it in the freezer to enjoy at a later date. I will definitely be making this again!"