VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 to 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, combine the broth, rosemary, garlic and bay leaf. Add asparagus and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Discard bay leaf. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Rosemary Asparagus in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p41
Reviews forRosemary Asparagus
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 14, 2014
"Rosemary is a piney herb with a hint of lemon, so don't get too carried away with it."