This is a nice alternative to plain asparagus. It's a simple, flavorful way to dress them up.—Mavis Diment, Marcus, Iowa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 to 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, combine the broth, rosemary, garlic and bay leaf. Add asparagus and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Discard bay leaf. Garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 23 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Rosemary Asparagus in Taste of Home April/May 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.