Rosemary Asparagus Chicken
Impress friends and family with this simple yet elegant entree. One taste will have folks requesting the recipe. You'll want to add it to your family's daily fare, too!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Cook: 30 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 10 asparagus spears, blanched and cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a shallow glass baking dish, combine 1/4 cup broth, garlic, rosemary, oil, soy sauce, sugar and pepper. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- In a saucepan, cook rice in water and remaining broth until tender and fluffy, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook chicken in marinade over medium-high heat for about 7 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Remove rice from the heat; add asparagus, lemon zest and lemon-pepper. Spoon onto individual plates. Cut chicken into strips and arrange over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 297 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat.
Originally published as Rosemary Chicken in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.