Rosemary Apricot Loaves
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + cooling Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups apricot nectar
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pitted dates
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- In a saucepan, combine apricot nectar, dates and apricots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in orange zest and rosemary; cook for 10-15 minutes. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and milk. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with date mixture, beating just until combined. Pour into two greased and floured 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 375° for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 122 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
May 11, 2009
I made these loaves for my own Mother's Day brunch. They turned out dense and moist. One of my guests called it "phenomenal." I served it with Crustless Chicken Quiche and Peaches'n'Cream coolers. All Taste of Home Recipes.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.