Rosemary Apricot Loaves
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + cooling Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups apricot nectar
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pitted dates
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- In a saucepan, combine apricot nectar, dates and apricots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in orange zest and rosemary; cook for 10-15 minutes. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and milk. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with date mixture, beating just until combined. Pour into two greased and floured 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 375° for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 122 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 11, 2009
I made these loaves for my own Mother's Day brunch. They turned out dense and moist. One of my guests called it "phenomenal." I served it with Crustless Chicken Quiche and Peaches'n'Cream coolers. All Taste of Home Recipes.