VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup pineapple preserves
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until well blended. In a small bowl, whisk egg with water. Gradually add to flour mixture; stir to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 2 portions. Roll each half into a 12x6-in. rectangle. Spread 1/4 cup preserves down the center of each rectangle. Starting at a long side, fold dough over filling; fold other side over top. Pinch to seal seams and edges. Place seam side down on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until lightly browned, 20-25 minutes. Cut each rectangle diagonally into 1-in. strips. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Roro's Pineapple Cookies in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2017