Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min.
- 2 cups pearl onions
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen brussels sprouts, thawed
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- In a Dutch oven or large kettle, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add the pearl onions; boil for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water; peel.
- In a large roasting pan, combine the onions, potatoes, rutabaga, parsnips and carrots. Drizzle with butter and oil. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Cover and bake at 425° for 30 minutes. Uncover; stir in brussels sprouts and garlic. Bake, uncovered, for 50-60 minutes or until vegetables are tender and begin to brown, stirring occasionally.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 31, 2010
This was so wonderful! The vegetables cooked evenly and had a terrific flavor together!
Oct 12, 2010
This was a success at my work potluck, several people asked for the recipe. :) It's colorful and smells great. It's nice to have a "special" healthy dish to make for potlucks or holidays.