- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 can (12 ounces) root beer or cola
- 12 cups tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Pico de gallo, chopped green onions and sliced jalapeno peppers, optional
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine pork roast and root beer. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 8-9 hours.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks. Return to slow cooker; keep warm.
- To serve, drain pork. Layer tortilla chips with pork, cheese, tomatoes and, if desired, optional toppings. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forRoot Beer Pulled Pork Nachos
"This is wonderful!! I used root beer and the end result was melt-in-your-mouth pork! This recipe is so versatile because you can do almost anything with it and the crock pot does all the work. Some of us had it with corn tortillas and all the condiments indicated in the recipe; others piled it on buns with barbecue sauce. Next time we'll try it on tortilla chips! This is my new go-to pulled pork recipe! Super easy and delicious!Volunteer Field Editor"