Root Beer Glazed Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup root beer
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1. Flatten chicken breasts slightly. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Stir the root beer, brown sugar, ketchup, mustard and lemon peel into the skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to skillet; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Root Beer Glazed Chicken
"Delicious. Served with rice. Could not tell that there was root beer. Will try Luigimon idea next time and will bake for a good glaze."
"Yummy, my husband and I really enjoyed it. That makes two stars. It was easy to prepare and I will continue to make it. That gives it two more stars. If it is that good already it deserves to be a five star."
"Yummy!!! We slow baked them in the oven at about 325 so we could glaze them and get a good glaze going. Very good and will make it again!"
"My family liked this recipe."
"I did not have dijon mustard, so I had to use spicy brown instead. It still worked out well and we will be having this again."
"This is delicious. I've made it several times and will make it several more times. I've also shared the recipe with friends and have gotten many thanks. My grandkids also love this."
"My family enjoyed this recipe. The root beer ingredient interested me and the sauce turned out sweet and mild and my youngest even liked it."
"I found this tolerable, but no one else liked it at all. I tried to use the leftovers in salads the next night and that was not a hit either."
"I too wasn't sure about this recipe since I have NEVER cooked with Root Beer, but this was one of the most raved about chicken recipe's! My kids just loved it. I will be making this again for sure. Thanks for a great recipe!"
"AMAZING! I WAS SKEPTICAL TO TRY THIS SINCE I HATE ROOTBEER BUT IT WAS DELICIOUS AND EVEN MY PICKY CHILDREN LOVE THIS."
"I used a Hormel Original Flavor pork Tenderloin instead of chicken. I seared the meat and place it in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. While it was roasting, I mixed and cooked the glaze. I basted the pork and roasted it an additional 20 minutes. Extra glaze was poured over the sliced pork. Sweet and slightly tangy - can't wait to try it with chicken!"