- 6 cups torn romaine
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 6 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground mustard
- In a large salad bowl, toss the romaine, oranges and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled; toss before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forRomaine with Oranges
"I really enjoyed this salad. I was a bit confused to read that the description describes mandarin oranges, while the actual recipe calls for naval oranges (which I used). The dressing was quite tangy, which I enjoy. I think some crumbled feta would be a great addition too."
"A light, refreshing salad. Yum!~ Theresa"