Romaine Salad with Mint Dressing
This festive salad features romaine lettuce, cranberries and almonds. Sent from Laurie Balcom of Lynden, Washington, it's perfect for those busy weeknights during the holidays.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, cranberries and almonds.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 94 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Cranberry Romaine Salad with Mint Dressing in Light & Tasty December/January 2008
Jul 15, 2008
This salad is spectacular! I thought the red wine vinegar might be a little strong for me in this type of salad so I substituted rice wine vinegar and it was perfect! Sherry or champagne vinegar may also be very good!