Romaine Salad with Mint Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, cranberries and almonds.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 94 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 15, 2008
This salad is spectacular! I thought the red wine vinegar might be a little strong for me in this type of salad so I substituted rice wine vinegar and it was perfect! Sherry or champagne vinegar may also be very good!