- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Corn chips
- For dressing, place the first seven ingredients in a blender or food processor; cover and process until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes, cheese, olives and onions. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with corn chips. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forRomaine Salad with Avocado Dressing
"Food of paris"
"Very good. Very garlicky. I might use only one clove of garlic next time. I was out of lemons so maybe that's why the dressing was so strong. Still very delicious. I added extra olives and extra tomatoes. The corn chips are a must have - I ended up using Doritos too."
"We LOVE this salad and use the extra dressing for chip dip. Yum Yum"
"I made this recipe because of the great reviews but I have to say, I really disagree with comments. The dressing flavor-wise was way too heavy on the fats. The mayo really kills the avocado taste. I won't be making this dud again."
"I make extra dressing to use on Carne Asada sandwiches, not being a taco person. Everyone loves it, and we have some picky eaters."
"I love this dressing! Actually didn't make the rest of the salad, just serving it with mixed greens, avocado and feta, but it would be delish with anything. I might try a couple T. less mayo and a large avocado instead."
"Very good! I sprinkle some cheddar cheese on when tossing the salad together. Have used both tortilla chips and corn chips - both are good! Light mayonnaise seemed to work fine as well."
"Delicious! Love the dressing!"
"My family loved the salad! I didn't use all the dressing. I thought it would be over dressed. We used the leftover for a sandwhich spread. FABULOUS!!!"