Romaine Salad with Apple Vinaigrette
Looking for a salad that’s simple but special? This one is always a hit when I bring it to a potluck at work. I blend apples into the vinaigrette and mix them with the romaine, too.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes8 servings (1 cup vinaigrette)
- 1/3 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/3 chopped peeled ripe pear
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 2 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- In a blender, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and process for 30 seconds or until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- In a serving bowl, combine the romaine, apples and pine nuts. Drizzle with vinaigrette; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 200 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Harvet Salad of Apples, Pine Nuts and Feta Cheese with Apple Vinaigrette in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013