Romaine & Cherry Tomato Salad
My mother made this tasty salad for me as a child, and it was my favorite. Now we serve it as a sunny appetizer or entree. —Blythe Twiggs, Buford, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 small bunch romaine, torn
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or glass bowl, layer romaine, tomatoes, peas and onion. Spread mayonnaise over onion. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 284 calories, 21g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 729mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Mom's Best Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015