Romaine & Cherry Tomato Salad
My mother made this tasty salad for me as a child, and it was my favorite. Now we serve it as a sunny appetizer or entree. —Blythe Twiggs, Buford, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 small bunch romaine, torn
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or glass bowl, layer romaine, tomatoes, peas and onion. Spread mayonnaise over onion. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Refrigerate until serving.