Rolled Swedish Pancakes Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Sour cream and cherry preserves
- 1. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and the lemon peel; set aside. In a bowl, combine flour, salt and remaining sugar. Beat eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients and mix well. Pour batter by 1/2 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; cook until set and lightly browned. Turn; cook 1 minute longer. Immediately sprinkle each pancake with lemon sugar mixture; roll up and keep warm. Top with sour cream and preserves. Yield: 1 dozen.
3 each: 618 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 473mg cholesterol, 599mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Rolled Swedish Pancakes
"I love lighter pancake. these were simple, yet full of flavor. With all the lemon trees here, it's great. Will use this for brunch or dessert as well."
"I've made this recipe on and off for over 10 years. It is an awesome Swedish pancake and my kids love this. I am trying to move away from dairy and I substituted almond milk and it still came out perfect!"
"These are the BEST pancakes! Every time I make them for a brunch, everyone (and I do mean everyone) asks for the recipe. I also make these for our family on a regular basis because we love them so much."
"I Have now made these for my family 3 times & it just keeps getting better. We absolutely love them. The flavor was absolutely everything I remembered.I would suggest to anyone not planning a large brunch, to cut the recipe in half (that is what I did). Also, I used a small saute pan, with 1/4 cupfuls of batter. The Pancakes come out purfectly.Pat ParkerSauk Centre, MN"
"I have been looking for this recipe for years & years. Ever since IHOP had them back in the 80's. I can't wait to try this recipe.Pat P.Sauk Centre, MN"