Rolled Swedish Pancakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sour cream and cherry preserves
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and the lemon zest; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt and remaining sugar. Beat the eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter by 1/2 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when set and lightly browned. Cook 1 minute longer.
- Immediately sprinkle each pancake with lemon sugar mixture; roll up and keep warm. Top with sour cream and preserves.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 618 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 473mg cholesterol, 599mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Oct 4, 2016
I love lighter pancake. these were simple, yet full of flavor. With all the lemon trees here, it's great. Will use this for brunch or dessert as well.
Dec 26, 2014
I've made this recipe on and off for over 10 years. It is an awesome Swedish pancake and my kids love this. I am trying to move away from dairy and I substituted almond milk and it still came out perfect!
May 7, 2010
These are the BEST pancakes! Every time I make them for a brunch, everyone (and I do mean everyone) asks for the recipe. I also make these for our family on a regular basis because we love them so much.
Apr 18, 2009
I Have now made these for my family 3 times & it just keeps getting better. We absolutely love them. The flavor was absolutely everything I remembered.I would suggest to anyone not planning a large brunch, to cut the recipe in half (that is what I did). Also, I used a small saute pan, with 1/4 cupfuls of batter. The Pancakes come out purfectly.Pat ParkerSauk Centre, MN
Apr 2, 2009
I have been looking for this recipe for years & years. Ever since IHOP had them back in the 80's. I can't wait to try this recipe.Pat P.Sauk Centre, MN
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.