Rocky Road Treat
On a hot day, these sweet frozen pops are simple to prepare and guaranteed to bring out the kid in anyone. And who can resist that chocolate and peanut topping?
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 2-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 disposable plastic cups ( 3 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 12 Popsicle sticks
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine pudding mix and milk. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-6 minutes or until bubbly and slightly thickened, stirring every 2 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, combine peanuts and chocolate chips; place about 2 tablespoons in each plastic cup. Stir marshmallow creme into pudding; spoon into cups. Insert Popsicle sticks; freeze.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 145 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Rocky Road Treat in Your Family May/June 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.