Rocky Road Pudding Cups
“Dressed up with nuts and marshmallows, this fudgy homemade pudding will delight kids of all ages. For a lunch box treat, assemble the pudding cups directly in small plastic containers with tight-fitting lids.” —Carole Fraser, Toronto, Ontario
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa and cornstarch. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in 1 cup chips until melted.
- Spoon into dessert dishes, 1/2 cup in each; sprinkle with pecans, marshmallows and remaining chips. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 417 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Rocky Road Brownie Pudding Cups in Taste of Home February/March 2011