Rocky Road Pizza
Looking for a new, interesting dessert to offer your hungry clan? Chocolate lovers will relish this palate-pleasing pizza that cleverly captures the flavor of rocky road ice cream. Folks will have a hard time eating just one slice!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 9-in. circle; place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Prick with a fork. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake 1-2 minutes longer or until chocolate is softened.
- Spread chocolate over crust to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake for 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows puff slightly and are lightly browned. Sprinkle with peanuts. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 232 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Rocky Road Pizza in 1997 Taste of Home Calendar
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.