Rocky Road Fudge Brownies
These rich gooey brownies are one of our favorites. They would make a delicious addition to any cookie tray.—Nanette Swinson, Hope, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for fudge-like brownies; stir in pecans. Spread batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, combine the milk, butter and chocolate. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over marshmallows.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 319 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Rocky Road Fudge Brownies in Light & Tasty December/January 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.