Traditional Rocky Road ice cream has nuts, marshmallows and chocolate. Using prepared cookie dough makes it easy to put the flavors together in these fast, kid-friendly cups.—Charlotte McDaniel, Jacksonville, AL
Featured In: 27 Favorite Mini Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into 1-1/4-in. balls; press evenly onto bottom and up sides of 24 greased mini-muffin cups.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden. Using the back of a measuring teaspoon, make an indentation in each cup. Immediately place 3 marshmallows and 1/4 teaspoon chocolate chips in each cup; sprinkle with almonds. Return to oven; bake 1 minute longer. Cool completely in pans on wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Rocky Road Cookie Cups in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2015, p36