Rocky Mountain Grill
These flavorful lamb chops simply marinate overnight, then grill up in only 10 minutes or so. The Dijon mustard and cayenne pepper add a delicious zip to this entree, which was shared by the American Lamb Council.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 lamb loin chops (1 pound)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Remove 3 tablespoons for basting; refrigerate. Add lamb chops to the remaining marinade and turn to coat. Seal and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chops, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4 minutes. Turn; baste with reserved marinade. Grill for 4 minutes. Turn and grill 1 minute longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
Nutrition Facts1 each: 233 calories, 15g fat (0 saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 meat.
Originally published as Rocky Mountain Grill in Country Discoveries July/August 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.