Robust Marinated Steak Recipe
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 pound boneless beef sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
5 ounce-weight: 228 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Reviews for Robust Marinated Steak
"I prepared this marinade today for our steaks. I grilled our steaks outside on the grill and warn to watch closely. Because this marinade contains brown sugar, it flames up easily. I caught it before it burnt the steak up but one side of the steak was charred. The steaks were saved and very good. It was a tad sweet for me but that is just me. Next time I will cut back on the brown sugar. Otherwise the marinade was delicious."