Robust Italian Sausage & Pasta Recipe
- 4 Italian sausage links (4 ounces each), halved
- 1 jar (25.6 ounces) Italian sausage spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, brown sausage links. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. Add the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, green pepper, onion, garlic and Italian seasoning; mix well. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- 3. Stir in pasta. Cover and cook on high for 30-40 minutes or until pasta is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 529 calories, 22g fat (7g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 1573mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 8g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Robust Italian Sausage & Pasta
"Fabulous, easy recipe. The flavor is very robust and zesty, but not spicy which makes it family friendly. I used turkey sausage. After reading the reviews, I added a cup of water. The sauce was great but next time I will double the amount of pasta as the ratio of ingredients was a bit off for us. I love adding the pasta at the end - all day flavor and convenience without mushy pasta!"
"Great flavor, easy to prepare, but found it a tad dry. Will add a little more sauce or rinse the jar and can with water and add. Family enjoyed it and will make again."
"Great spicy taste! Since I found this recipe late in the day, I did not use slow-cooker. Simply prepared stove top and boiled pasta separately and then combined at last minute. Made for a spicy change from ordinary crumbled sausage recipe, a chunky robust flavor. Can't wait to try in slow cooker but great flavors even if pulled together at the last minute!"
"This was delicious! Loved the spiciness of it!"
"outstanding!! doctor up as/if you like - excellent slow cooker recipe! thanks!!"
"It was a little spicy"
"YUM! So easy! We threw in extra garlic and used 5 links instead of 4.~ Theresa"
"Instead of using the tomatoes with green chilies, I substituted diced tomatoes. This is a wonderful recipe!"