- 4 Italian sausage links (4 ounces each), halved
- 1 jar (25.6 ounces) Italian sausage spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown sausage links. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, green pepper, onion, garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Stir in pasta. Cover and cook on high for 30-40 minutes or until pasta is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forRobust Italian Sausage & Pasta
"Great flavor, easy to prepare, but found it a tad dry. Will add a little more sauce or rinse the jar and can with water and add. Family enjoyed it and will make again."
"Great spicy taste! Since I found this recipe late in the day, I did not use slow-cooker. Simply prepared stove top and boiled pasta separately and then combined at last minute. Made for a spicy change from ordinary crumbled sausage recipe, a chunky robust flavor. Can't wait to try in slow cooker but great flavors even if pulled together at the last minute!"
"This was delicious! Loved the spiciness of it!"
"outstanding!! doctor up as/if you like - excellent slow cooker recipe! thanks!!"
"It was a little spicy"
"YUM! So easy! We threw in extra garlic and used 5 links instead of 4.~ Theresa"
"Instead of using the tomatoes with green chilies, I substituted diced tomatoes. This is a wonderful recipe!"
"Better than a stick in the eye"