- 1 wild turkey (10 to 15 pounds)
- 2 large apples, quartered
- 6 to 8 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 pound baby carrots
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup French salad dressing
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place turkey on a rack in a roasting pan; place apples in turkey cavity. Place potatoes, carrots and onions around turkey. Pour water over vegetables. Combine seasoned salt, salt and pepper; rub over turkey. Combine remaining ingredients; spoon over the turkey.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 3-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 180° baste if desired. Turkey may be uncovered for the last 30 minutes for additional browning if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forRoasted Wild Turkey
"After reading and hearing all the poor comments on how wild turkey COULD turn out dry, gamey, etc. I was worried! This recipe is so moist and delicious it beat any regular or wild turkey I have had in recent memory hands down. I shoved the chest cavity full of pink lady apples, and also used an oven bag to house the turkey and all veggies in the roasting pan. BECAUSE I used the oven bag, I omitted the 2 cups of water, otherwise I would have kept it. So moist and tender with over two cups of juices to boot on the bottom of bag/roaster after the bird was finished. Thank you for this recipe, the other fifty turkeys behind the house are now in trouble :)"
"easy to make and it stayed so moist. Would make again for friends and family."
"This is the most amazing recipe. I will never cook a turkey another way again. It is so tender and juicy with an understated flavor. My kids like this recipe too!"