Roasted Veggie Pizza Recipe
- 8 to 10 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon each oregano, thyme and dried rosemary, crushed
- PESTO SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Place mushrooms, onion and peppers in a roasting pan or baking pan lined with heavy-duty foil. Combine oil, garlic, oregano, thyme and rosemary; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, for sauce, in a food processor, combine the basil, oil, Parmesan cheese and garlic; cover and process until smooth, scraping sides often. Set aside.
- 3. Place the crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Spread with sauce; top with tomato slices. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Top with roasted vegetables.
- 4. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Yield: 8 slices.
2 slices: 643 calories, 33g fat (9g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 946mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Roasted Veggie Pizza
"Good recipe. I made a few tweaks to this the second time I made it: I added a small amount of salt to the pesto sauce; and when roasting the veggies, I covered them loosely with foil so they wouldn't be too soggy."
"This pizza looked and tasted yummy!"
"This is a great vegetarian dish! I double the amount of vegetables and spices. I also use pre-made pesto sauce. My husband and I both enjoy it!"
"This is a very delicious pizza! It is a favorite at our home! Also, there is no meat so it's great for vegetarians."