Roasted Veggie Pasta
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 4 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 large sweet yellow peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-1/2 cups uncooked fusilli pasta
- 2 cups shredded fontina cheese
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes in sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until crisp-tender; set aside. Reduce heat to 350°.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Add the fontina cheese, cream, tomatoes, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper to the pasta. Stir in vegetable mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish (dish will be full). Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 263 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 273mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Sep 26, 2016
Delicious! I added broccoli, and purple cabbage with carrots; and used a gluten-free pasta. Thank you, Robyn for sharing this recipe.
Jun 23, 2014
I took this dish to a party and I brought the dish back empty. This has to be one of the most flavorful pasta dishes I've ever eaten. The roasted veggies, along with the cheeses and the richness of the whipping cream, make this dish a new favorite on my list. The only change I made was that I used red peppers instead of the yellow peppers. This is definitely a keeper!
Aug 9, 2013
This is a great dish, it is a big size for entertaining. I usually make a half batch, omit the canned tomato and garnish with a chopped fresh tomato. The roasted veggies give it a deep flavor and the cheese gives a nice creamy kick. Great with any grilled meat!
May 28, 2012
Love this. Have made it several times.
Aug 9, 2010
Loved this recipe; very little leftover. Will definitely make again.
Feb 5, 2009
We LOVED this recipe! I added grilled chicken to make it a little more hardy for my husband and he loved it.
Jan 5, 2009
This was so good. Even my squash-hating husband actually enjoyed it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.