- 4 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 large sweet yellow peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-1/2 cups uncooked fusilli pasta
- 2 cups shredded fontina cheese
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes in sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until crisp-tender; set aside. Reduce heat to 350°.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Add the fontina cheese, cream, tomatoes, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper to the pasta. Stir in vegetable mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish (dish will be full). Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews forRoasted Veggie Pasta
"Delicious! I added broccoli, and purple cabbage with carrots; and used a gluten-free pasta. Thank you, Robyn for sharing this recipe."
"I took this dish to a party and I brought the dish back empty. This has to be one of the most flavorful pasta dishes I've ever eaten. The roasted veggies, along with the cheeses and the richness of the whipping cream, make this dish a new favorite on my list. The only change I made was that I used red peppers instead of the yellow peppers. This is definitely a keeper!"
"This is a great dish, it is a big size for entertaining. I usually make a half batch, omit the canned tomato and garnish with a chopped fresh tomato. The roasted veggies give it a deep flavor and the cheese gives a nice creamy kick. Great with any grilled meat!"
"Love this. Have made it several times."
"Loved this recipe; very little leftover. Will definitely make again."
"We LOVED this recipe! I added grilled chicken to make it a little more hardy for my husband and he loved it."
"This was so good. Even my squash-hating husband actually enjoyed it."