Roasted Vegetables with Dip
"These colorful vegetables and zippy dip taste so good it never occurs to my family that they're eating something nutritious and low in fat," remarks Melinda Sheridan of Pittsburg, Kansas.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes8 servings (1 cup dip)
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients; refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- In a large bowl, add the mushrooms, peppers, onion and squash. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Place in a single layer in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Serve with dip.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 62 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 146mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Roasted Vegetables with Dip in Taste of Home August/September 1998