- 5 cups cubed unpeeled red potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 7 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pearl onions
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges and halved
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups brussels sprouts, halved
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, quartered
- In a roasting pan, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the butter, oil, thyme, salt and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and bake at 425° for 30 minutes. Add brussels sprouts and garlic. Bake, uncovered, for 30-45 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews forRoasted Vegetables
"Tasty and beautiful dish. I also reduced the amount of oil and butter."
"excellent I added cubed butternut squash and cut the olive oil down to 2 T and used 2 T of earth balance instead of the butter to cut down on the calories. Make sure you do not overcook, you want the vegtables still to hold their shape. This is a very colorful dish!"