- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 flavored tortillas of your choice (10 inches), room temperature
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 4 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- Place the squash, peppers, carrots and garlic in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned and tender, stirring once. Cool slightly.
- Place the vegetables, cream cheese, salt and pepper in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until thickened.
- Spread 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture over each tortilla; layer with turkey and lettuce. Roll up tightly; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Unwrap and cut each into eight slices. Yield: 64 appetizers.
Reviews forRoasted Vegetable Turkey Pinwheels
"These were good. I was looking for some finger food for a painting party and settled on these. They were easy to make and colorful with tomato tortillas and spinach tortillas. The recipe definitely made plenty. Might change a few things the next time but they were good as is. Thanks for sharing"
"Pinwheels are so easy, and tasty. These make great snacks, appetizers or an addition to a light meal. You can always change up the meat or put two types of meat together!"
"OMG! Absolutely fantastic. Still good the next day after refrigeration."
"I cut the recipe in half for a family of four."