Roasted Vegetable Spread
Being a nutritionist, I found this recipe to be a great alternative to those fatty packaged dips that are so common at parties. This one is bursting with vitamins A and C.—Sherri Shields, Missouri City, Texas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Baked pita chips
- Place vegetables and garlic in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and cayenne; toss to coat. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly.
- Place in a food processor. Cover and process until blended. Serve warm with chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 15 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Roasted Vegetable Dip in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012