Roasted Vegetable Spread
Being a nutritionist, I found this recipe to be a great alternative to those fatty packaged dips that are so common at parties. This one is bursting with vitamins A and C.—Sherri Shields, Missouri City, Texas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Baked pita chips
- Place vegetables and garlic in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and cayenne; toss to coat. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly.
- Place in a food processor. Cover and process until blended. Serve warm with chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 15 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Roasted Vegetable Dip in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.