VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium leek (white part only), sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 to 3 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Line two 15x10x1-in. baking pans with foil; coat the foil with cooking spray. Place eggplant, zucchini, peppers, mushrooms, potatoes and leek on pans; generously coat with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, saute garlic for 2 minutes. Add broth, beans, peas, vinegar, seasonings and roasted vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 16 servings (about 4 quarts).
Originally published as Roasted Vegetable Soup in Country Woman January/February 2000, p40
Reviews forRoasted Vegetable Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2012
"So delicious. the flavors really come out. Very hearty and healthy!"
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2009
"this is the best soup I have ever tasted"