For even more flavor, mix field greens and crisp, crumbled bacon into this appealing veggie salad. Or whisk a tablespoon of honey into the dressing. Guests will love it! —Laura McAllister, Morganton, North Carolina
- 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, halved
- 1/2 pound baby portobello mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cubed French bread
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Drizzle with 1/4 cup oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Place in two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute asparagus in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer.
- Cut corn from cobs; place in a large bowl. Stir in the bread, tomatoes, cheese, basil, asparagus and roasted vegetable mixture. For dressing, combine oil and vinegar; drizzle over mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Originally published as Roasted Vegetable Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2010, p27
Reviews for Roasted Vegetable Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review